Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Financial Lessons 2

Age: 4 years, 9 months & 1 week & 1 day old


After knowing the origin of money, the concept of money from games and stories, the next step is to know where does money come from by:


1. Letting the children know their parents' work. This one I sure know as I go to yeh-yeh (grandpa)'s shop everyday. So I know about daddy's work. Sometimes I even "help" daddy to repair the engines/machines! =D


2. Letting the children pay. This is a good educational opportunity. This means let me pay for my own school fees. So I'd know we need to pay money one for certain things. And to value it. This also can train my responsibility. 


So mummy put this month's school fees in this envelope and wrote "Please put the receipt into this envelope. Thanks!" As this is my first time, so daddy accompanied me to the teacher and explained to her. Next time, and many months to come, I'll pay myself. Mission accomplished! =D

5 comments:

Yannie said...

Yes, I let my girls pay their fee too. We ought to have trust in them to handle certain responsibilities like this.

BoeyJoey said...

We let our kids pay for their purchases from 7-11, bread shop and restaurants too. But I really like your financial lesson no.1 :-). next time i'll include money when playing selling things with the kids.

Small Kucing said...

yes, help her learn the value of money :D

Yin Yue said...

True SY, we need to trust them in handling some responsibilities. Like this only they can learn.

BoeyJoey, its kinda fun too. When you ask for discount, kids will give surprise answer.

SK, n dont waste $ loh. :P

Alice Law said...

Good way to inculcate money matters in children!^-^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...