Monday, April 4, 2011

Financial Lessons 1

Age: 4 years, 8 months & 4 weeks & 2 days old

Last Sunday, daddy borrowed a book in the library called "Child's Life Financial Plan". In the book, it stated a child should learn about money concept as early as possible. Can start at age 2 or 3 or even earlier. Daddy found that it is indeed a good book. So daddy followed the plan in the book. And so, I started my financial lessons last week. 

Step 1 : Instilling the concept of money. This step is 'About the origin of money'. I got the understanding of money from stories and games.

After telling me some money stories, mommy decided to play a game. My beloved "masak-masak". But not the usual "masak-masak". This time, we involved $$$. Mummy created these money. RM10, RM5, RM1, 50 cents, 20 cents and 10 cents.
Mummy divided the money into 2 for me and herself.
I even have my own purse to put my money in. "fake" LV. =P
Mummy owned a veges and fruits stall in 'pasar' (market). I was the customer named SHARON (I requested this myself). So I went to her stall to buy fresh veges and fruits. I buy and buy and buy until my money getting less.

Yin Yue : "Wah, why my money getting less and less?"
Mummy : "Because you used your money to buy veges and fruits. If you want to have more money, you gotta work or better - do business."

After hearing what mummy said, I quickly suggested we switch roles. I became the owner of the stall so I can earn more money. LOL!
Roles switched. Mummy came and bought many veges and fruits as she has a party at night. Since she bought so many, so the total was RM40.

Mummy : "Wah, so expensive ah Sharon. Can give discount a bit?"
"Sharon" : "hmmmmmmm.... RM1."
Mummy : "AH!!!!! So cheap? You will be out of business very soon then."
"Sharon" : "Never mind la!" 

Of cause never mind, because I wanted to switch role again as I want to throw a party myself too. =P

P/S: Mummy's purse was made of paper. =D
Daddy joined in the fun later. I bought all of the  veges and fruits because I have a party at night.
So it cost me quite a lot until I didn't know how to count. Daddy helped me with the money.
While daddy and I were playing, mummy took care of di-di (brother).

4 comments:

Small Kucing said...

can become businesswoman already

Alice Law said...

LOL! Yalor, a potential business tyrant!^-^

Yannie said...

This is such a good game, Yin Yue can learn the name of the fruit and the value of money at the same time.

mNhL said...

Interesting educational game. U all are so creative!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...