Monday, September 20, 2010

Early Old-Style Mooncake Festival Celebration

Age: 4 years, 2 months, 2 weeks & 1 day old

We had a small family Mooncake festival celebration (中秋晚会)on last Saturday night. Daddy purposely made me 2 old-style lanterns, with my name on it. Thank you daddy, I LOVE YOU!!!

My lantern. Daddy made it for me. You can't buy anywhere.

We carried the lanterns and had a walk outside. Mommy said she used to do the same thing when she was a kid too.

We walked to the dark place and let the lanterns to light our way.

Home-made lanterns (Pepsi can and 'kaya' can). =D

After the walk, we played 'masak-masak'. Mommy liked to play this when she was a kid. We picked some leaves and flowers outside and cooked. It smelled nice.


Candle = cooking oil.
Flower = chili.
Leaves = veges (eg. broccoli).

While we were enjoying the 'masak-masak', daddy was busy preparing the traditional food for Mooncake festival - 菱角,芋头

I enjoyed so much. "Mommy and daddy don't cook OK? I cook for you" I said.

What a mess.

Like I said earlier, the lantern has my name on it. "TEOH"

"YIN"

"YUE" =)

Wah, mommy put too much of oil. I've to sit further a bit.

Yeah, done with my 'masak-masak'. Next is the real 'makan' time.

小姑 (aunt) bought this Haagen-Dazs ice cream mooncake. Very expensive.

Only 小姑 can cut the mooncake.

Yeah, thank you 小姑。

Yum yum chocolate ice cream mooncake.

Our old-style celebration. Daddy bought the other 2 mooncakes - dragonfruit mooncake and black sesame mooncake.

Enjoying the mooncake with 爷爷 (grandpa).

Daddy's favorite - black sesame.

小姑 enjoying her mooncake too.

A big moo-moo is coming.


And also here come a small moo moo. =D

4 comments:

ChloeRuoyi said...

The lantern is very nice and special. Daddy is really good in making it! I'm eyeing your Haagen Dazs ice cream mooncake.. must be very yummy! :)

Connie said...

hahhaa.. its really yummy, if u like ice cream. :P all 5 of us shared 1, not enough. =D chloe mommy, go buy 1.. hehehe...

Connie said...

hahhaa.. its really yummy, if u like ice cream. :P all 5 of us shared 1, not enough. =D chloe mommy, go buy 1.. hehehe...

berry Ling said...

hey connie, I'm a student from LKW university malaysia. my final semester is to do a project regarding malaysia masak masak culture is it possible to get the masak masak photo without the trademark send to my email pls ? berryling226@gmail.com very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...