Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Chinese Strokes

Age: 4 years, 4 months, 2 weeks, 4 days old

Mommy taught me new things yesterday, which are "counting the Chinese character strokes" and "fill in the missing strokes". I quite like this way of teaching because I like to draw and write on white board using marker pen. :p

Mommy started with simple words that I know. I like matching.
Me counting the strokes carefully. Chinese character is very tricky. When you see 6 lines, it doesn't mean 6 strokes.
Then slowly moved to more words with more strokes.  
Opps, got 1 wrong. Mommy said "Never mind, first time wrong, learn the correct one, then next time you'll know the correct one." I slowly picked up this "learn to accept defeat" skill (from the story book I read). What a relieve for mommy. As she is quite worried about my "kiasu" attitude, must got correct all. If one wrong, my face'd turn black.
Then we switched to "fill in the missing strokes" game. I like this game too, as I know all the words given. =D
Mommy would never miss the fun part. After the "Chinese Strokes" game, we drew happily. Black was mommy's, and blue was mine. That's our house, with a road in front, 2 apple trees, some birds above the house, a place to hang my shorts, a swing with me swinging on it, and a slide. Mommy drew a simple slide, but I drew a nicer slide. Hahahhaa.. =D

8 comments:

Small Kucing said...

Yin Yue, I like your drawing better :D

Yannie said...

You are so blessed to have a mummy who can guide you on your study.

Yin Yue said...

Hehhee... thanks small kucing.. mine is better ho.. hahhaha.. =D

Auntie Sheoh Yan, sometimes mommy no eyes c pun if I'm not in the mood. :P

Serene said...

Well done! 4years old can count chinese character stroke already... i'm impressed!

btw, thanks for visiting, nice to meet you too ;) will add you to my blogroll.

Angie said...

Uh , great job Yin Yue, I can't do what you've done. Chinese strokes? Erhhh, I always struggle with it! This show what a clever girl you are ^__^ And nice drawing Yin Yue (with Mommy's drawing too haha)

Alice Law said...

Wow, your mommy coach you well!! I'm sure you won't have problem with chinese subject for your official schooling!

Have a nice day!

Alice Law said...

Wow, your mommy coach you well!! I'm sure you won't have problem with chinese subject for your official schooling!

Have a nice day!

Yin Yue said...

Actually mommy never thought of teaching me chinese character stroke, until she went Popular bookstore and saw some chinese workbook for age 4-6. She was surpriesed the first few pages are chinese character stroke exercise. She was surprised why the standard so high nowadays. Pity the kids now, as to compare to her last time. That's why she started teaching me this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...